What we do
The practice covers all aspects of design and construction from commercial buildings to health care to private houses. It is, however, for our work in education that we have gained a significant reputation.
As will be seen in these pages our portfolio ranges from some of the most famous independent schools to our work with the new City Academies.
We regard ourselves as expert in all aspects of such buildings from master plans to the final furniture, fittings and equipment, involving ourselves in every aspect of the design and procurement.
We understand schools and in many respect are consultants on the delivery of the school's curriculum in built form.
Unlike many we still offer a full architects' service, taking our client from a master plan to the design of a building and then procuring it using traditional methods. We offer a complete package of technical drawings taking clients right through the construction process without delegating to the contractor through "Design and Build".
We are also expert in the fitting out of our buildings all the way down to the notice boards and domestic fittings.
However, when necessary and appropriate we work and partner with the construction industry on Frameworks and Design and Build packages.
Outside Education we have completed many domestic projects for private clients, large and small, commercial work and also a significant amount of health care projects in general practice surgeries.
- "We have worked with BHM over a number of years on a variety of different projects. Their ability to look at the ‘bigger picture’ while at the same time maintaining an eye for detail is unprecedented. All of our projects have completed on time and on budget therefore from a Bursar’s point of view I cannot think of a better accolade."Steve Gower – Bursar, St Martin’s School
- "An excellent new building was created to time and on budget. Not only is the new House beautifully designed, sitting well in the landscape, but it also works superbly for our students and staff and has set a high standard for boarding at Felsted."Margaret McKenna- Bursar, Felsted School
- "We have worked successfully with BHM for many years. We have always found your team to have great vision, enthusiasm, a strong ability to understand the common sense approach to building, always honest, a proactive approach to problem solving and above all the desire to make things happen."Ken Adams - Managing Director, Life Build Solutions Limited
- "We have known and worked with BH&M Architects on a wide variety of projects over the last 15 years or so and have always found them to be professional, sensible, technically aware and with a keen eye for detail. We have enjoyed working with them collaboratively to successfully complete many buildings, all of which we are proud of."Paul Hodges, Managing Director, Management & Construction Services Limited
- "I can without prejudice say that working with BHM Architects was an absolute pleasure, the level and quality of information was second to none. More importantly when we had a question, more often than not it was dealt with there and then. The depth of knowledge within BHM and the way you go about your business certainly makes our job a lot easier."Kingerlee Limited (Building Contractor)
- "With huge thanks for your attention to detail and hard work over the past 3+ years. Your vision for our former car park has exceeded expectations."The Governors & Staff of The Cavendish School, Camden